Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roast Chicken from Able and Cole

A few weeks ago, I was offered an organic chicken by Able and Cole. Able and Cole are an organic company who operate a delivery service whereby they deliver organic, locally grown and sourced, fruit and vegetable boxes plus a whole raft of other products. All organic and all very tasty

When I recieved my organic chicken, I was in a bit of a quandry as to what to do with it ... I have about half a dozen ideas for recipes I want to develop which involve chicken. In the end I decided to feature various gluten free products and produce a simply roasted chicken



I roasted the chicken at the standard 20 minutes per pound, plus an extra 20 minutes. 35 minutes before the end of the cooking time I added pork, sage and buttered onion stuffing from Marks & Spencer. The gravy was made from Bisto Best gravy granules, if you want gravy granules for the times when you need gravy in a hurry, this is the one to go for, the joy of the brand being that it comes in a range of flavours. The vegetables that went with it are all from my latest organic veggie box from Able and Cole



That wasn't to be the end of it!!!! I had sandwiches the day after from the left-over chicken and made stock from the skin and bones, currently frozen and waiting for me to make some soup! This chicken went a long way!

:)